Free Download CHEMISTRY (8th Edition) written by Jill K. Robinson, John E. McMurry and Robert C. Fay in pdf published in 2020.
As per writers, “You no doubt have experience using textbooks and know they are not meant to read like a novel. We have written this book to provide you with a clear, cohesive introduction to chemistry in a way that will help you, as a new student of chemistry, understand and relate to the subject. While you could curl up with this book, you will greatly benefit from continually formulating questions and checking your understanding as you work through each section. The way this book is designed and written will help you keep your mind active, thus allowing you to digest important concepts as you learn some of the many principles of chemistry.
The 8th edition was revised to create an interactive study cycle based on research of effective learning methods. Many common study habits such as highlighting, rereading, and long study sessions create the illusion of fast progress, but these gains fade quickly. More deep and durable learning occurs from self-testing, difficulty in practice, and spaced practice of different skills.
The book content and page/print quality is good (with one issue that I’ll describe shortly). McMurry is more famous for his Organic Chemistry book but I’ve found the General Chemistry text to be structured well and the overall experience is comparable to the more popular Zumdahl or Petrucci or Brown/LeMay. This edition by Pearson, however, had many pages blank or partially printed because of which I had to return the book. I’ve instead ordered an international version of the Atoms First book by the same author. In summary – I recommend the author but Pearson did not have good quality control or maybe I just got unlucky with my copy. I haven’t faced the same issue with any of the other Pearson books I have bought.
- Chemical Tools: Experimentation and Measurement
- Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
- Mass Relationships in Chemical Reactions
- Reactions in Aqueous Solution
- Periodicity and the Electronic Structure of Atoms
- Ionic Compounds: Periodic Trends and Bonding Theory
- Covalent Bonding and Electron-Dot Structures
- Covalent Compounds: Bonding Theories and Molecular Structure
- Thermochemistry: Chemical Energy
- Gases: Their Properties and Behavior
- Liquids and Phase Changes
- Solids and Solid-State Materials
- Solutions and Their Properties
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Aqueous Equilibria: Acids and Bases
- Applications of Aqueous Equilibria
- Thermodynamics: Entropy, Free Energy, and Spontaneity
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Transition Elements and Coordination Chemistry
- The Main-Group Elements
- Organic and Biological Chemistry
Free Download CHEMISTRY (8th Edition) written by Jill K. Robinson, John E. McMurry and Robert C. Fay in pdf from following download links.
Follow these instructions to unlock the download links. Sometimes download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Don’t forget to drop a comment below after downloading this book.
You may also like to free download Chemistry3: Introducing Inorganic, Organic and Physical Chemistry (3rd edition) written by Andrew Burrows, John Holman, Andrew Parsons, Gwen Pilling and Gareth Price in pdf.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.