Organic Synthesis: Strategy and Control is written by Paul Wyatt (Senior Lecturer and Director of Undergraduate Studies, School of Chemistry, University of Bristol, UK) and Stuart Warren (Reader in Organic Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Cambridge, UK) and published by John Wiley and Sons Ltd. in 2007.
The book is intended for that very audience final year undergraduates, graduate students and professional chemists in industry.
Table of Contents
This book consists of 5 main sections.
A: Introduction: Selectivity
- Planning Organic Syntheses: Tactics, Strategy and Control
- Regioselectivity: Controlled Aldol Reactions
- Stereoselectivity: Stereoselective Aldol Reactions
- Alternative Strategies for Enone Synthesis
- Choosing a Strategy: The Synthesis of Cyclopentenones
B: Making Carbon–Carbon Bonds
- The Ortho Strategy for Aromatic Compounds
- σ-Complexes of Metals
- Controlling the Michael Reaction
- Specifi c Enol Equivalents
- Extended Enolates
- Allyl Anions
- Acyl Anion Equivalents
C: Carbon–Carbon Double Bonds
- Synthesis of Double Bonds of Defined Stereochemistry
- Stereo-Controlled Vinyl Anion Equivalents
- Electrophilic Attack on Alkenes
- Vinyl Cations: Palladium-Catalysed C–C Coupling
- Allyl Alcohols: Allyl Cation Equivalents (and More)
- Control of Stereochemistry – Introduction
- Controlling Relative Stereochemistry
- The Chiral Pool — Asymmetric Synthesis with Natural Products as Starting Materials
- Asymmetric Induction I Reagent-Based Strategy
- Asymmetric Induction II Asymmetric Catalysis: Formation of C–O and C–N Bonds
- Asymmetric Induction III Asymmetric Catalysis: Formation of C–H and C–C Bonds
- Asymmetric Induction IV Substrate-Based Strategy
- Kinetic Resolution
- Enzymes: Biological Methods in Asymmetric Synthesis
- New Chiral Centres from Old — Enantiomerically Pure Compounds & Sophisticated Syntheses
- Strategy of Asymmetric Synthesis
E: Functional Group Strategy
- Functionalisation of Pyridine
- Oxidation of Aromatic Compounds, Enols and Enolates
- Functionality and Pericyclic Reactions: Nitrogen Heterocycles by Cycloadditions and Sigmatropic Rearrangements
- Synthesis and Chemistry of Azoles and other Heterocycles with Two or more Heteroatoms
- Tandem Organic Reactions
Free download Organic Synthesis: Strategy and Control by Paul Wyatt and Stuart Warren in pdf from following download link.
File Size: 14.4 MB, Pages: 918. Kindly read Disclaimer.
You may also like to download Organic Synthesis: The Disconnection Approach by Stuart Warren.