Free download Physical Chemistry (3rd edition) written by Robert G. Mortimer in pdf.
According to the writer, “This is the third edition of a physical chemistry textbook designed for a two-semester undergraduate physical chemistry course. The physical chemistry course is often the first opportunity that a student has to synthesize descriptive, theoretical, and mathematical knowledge about chemistry into a coherent whole.
To facilitate this synthesis, the book is constructed about the idea of defining a system, studying the states in which it might be found, and analyzing the processes by which it can change its state.
The book is divided into four parts. The first part focuses on the macroscopic properties of physical systems. It begins with the descriptive study of gases and liquids, and proceeds to the study of thermodynamics, which is a comprehensive macroscopic theory of the behavior of material systems.
The second part focuses on dynamics, including gas kinetic theory, transport processes, and chemical reaction kinetics. The third part presents quantum mechanics and spectroscopy.
The fourth part presents the relationship between molecular and macroscopic properties of systems through the study of statistical mechanics. This theory is applied to the structure of condensed phases. The book is designed so that the first three parts can be studied in any order, while the fourth part is designed to be a capstone in which the other parts are integrated into a cohesive whole.”
- The Behavior of Gases and Liquids
- Work, Heat, and Energy: The First Law of Thermodynamics
- The Second and Third Laws of Thermodynamics: Entropy
- The Thermodynamics of Real Systems
- Phase Equilibrium
- The Thermodynamics of Solutions
- Chemical Equilibrium
- The Thermodynamics of Electrochemical Systems
Part 2: Dynamics
- Gas Kinetic Theory: The Molecular Theory of Dilute Gases at Equilibrium
- Transport Processes
- The Rates of Chemical Reactions
- Chemical Reaction Mechanisms I: Rate Laws and Mechanisms
- Chemical Reaction Mechanisms II: Catalysis and Miscellaneous Topics
Part 3: The Molecular Nature of Matter
- Classical Mechanics and the Old Quantum Theory
- The Principles of Quantum Mechanics. I: De Broglie Waves and the Schrödinger Equation
- The Principles of Quantum Mechanics. II. The Postulates of Quantum Mechanics
- The Electronic States of Atoms. I: The Hydrogen Atom
- The Electronic States of Atoms. II: The Zero-Order Approximation for Multielectron Atoms
- The Electronic States of Atoms. III: Higher-Order Approximations
- The Electronic States of Diatomic Molecules
- The Electronic Structure of Polyatomic Molecules
- Translational, Rotational, and Vibrational States of Atoms and Molecules
- Optical Spectroscopy and Photochemistry
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Part 4: The Reconciliation of the Macroscopic and Molecular Theories of Matter
- Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics I: The Probability Distribution for Molecular States
- Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics. II: Statistical Thermodynamics
- Equilibrium Statistical Mechanics. III: Ensembles
- The Structure of Solids, Liquids, and Polymers
Free download Physical Chemistry (3rd edition) written by Robert G. Mortimer in pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow these instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Password for Download Links: chemistry.com.pk
- Fundamentals of Physical Chemistry for Competitive Examinations (2nd edition) written by Ananya Ganguly
- Fundamentals of Thermodynamics (10th edition) authored by Claus Borgnakke and Richard E. Sonntag
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics (9th global edition) authored by J. M. Smith, H. C. Van Ness, M. M. Abbott and M. T. Swihart
Free Download Hundreds of Best-Selling Chemistry Books from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.