Free download Fundamentals of Thermodynamics (10th edition) authored by Claus Borgnakke and Richard E. Sonntag in pdf.
In this tenth edition the basic objective of the earlier editions have been retained:
• to present a comprehensive and rigorous treatment of classical thermodynamics while retaining an engineering perspective, and in doing so
• to lay the groundwork for subsequent studies in such fields as fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and statistical thermodynamics, and also
• to prepare the student to effectively use thermodynamics in the practice of engineering.
The presentation is deliberately directed to students. New concepts and definitions are presented in the context where they are first relevant in a natural progression. The introduction has been reorganized with a very short introduction followed by the first thermodynamic properties to be defined (Chapter 1) which are those that can be readily measured: pressure, specific volume, and temperature.
In Chapter 2, tables of thermodynamic properties are introduced, but only in regard to these measurable properties. Internal energy and enthalpy are introduced in connection with the energy equation and the first law, entropy with the second law, and the Helmholtz and Gibbs functions in the chapter on thermodynamic relations.
Many real world realistic examples and contemporary topics have been included in the book to assist the student in gaining an understanding of thermodynamics, and the problems at the end of each chapter have been carefully sequenced to correlate with the subject matter, and are grouped and identified as such.
The early chapters in particular contain a large number of examples, illustrations and problems, and throughout the book, chapter-end summaries are included, followed by a set of concept/study problems that should be of benefit to the students.
- Introduction and Preliminaries
- Properties of a Pure Substance
- Energy Equation and First Law of Thermodynamics
- Energy Analysis for a Control Volume
- The Second Law of Thermodynamics
- Entropy Analysis for a Control Volume
- Power and Refrigeration Systems—With Phase Change
- Power and Refrigeration Systems—Gaseous Working Fluids
Free download Fundamentals of Thermodynamics (10th edition) authored by Claus Borgnakke and Richard E. Sonntag in pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow these instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Password for Download Links: chemistry.com.pk
You can also buy Fundamentals of Thermodynamics (10th edition) authored by Claus Borgnakke and Richard E. Sonntag from Amazon by Clicking the image below.
You may also like to free download:
- Physical Chemistry Thermodynamics, Statistical Mechanics Kinetics authored by Andrew Cooksy
- Physical Chemistry Thermodynamics, Statistical Thermodynamics and Kinetics (4th edition) authored by Thomas Engel and Philip Reid
- Basic Principles and Calculations in Chemical Engineering (9th edition) authored by David M. Himmelblau and James B. Rigg
Free Download Hundreds of Best-Selling Chemistry Books from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.