Free download Organic Synthesis (4th edition) authored by Michael B. Smith in pdf.
The fourth edition of Organic Synthesis has been revised, reorganized, and rewritten from front to back. I want to thank all who used the book in its first three editions. It is the same graduate level textbook that past users are familiar with, but specific examples have been updated and the book has been reorganized.
Several long chapters have been split to make the concepts more focused. The chapter sequence has been reorganized, and a new chapter was created that will focus on organometallic chemistry. The molecular modeling problems that were prominent in the third edition have been removed.
While I remain convinced that molecular modeling problems offer new insights into certain aspects of chemical reactivity, conformational analysis, and stereoselectivity, this feature in the third edition did not attract much interest and has been removed from the new edition. Many new examples of reactions have been added, specifically from the literature dating from 2008 to 2015.
Apart from these changes, which will be described in detail below, the fourth edition remains what it was always intended to be. It is a graduate level textbook of organic chemical reactions, with a bias toward total synthesis, that targets first and second year graduate students. However, advanced undergraduate organic chemistry courses can certainly use the book.
- Retrosynthesis, Stereochemistry, and Conformations
- Acids, Bases, and Addition Reactions
- Functional Group Exchange Reactions: Aliphatic and Aromatic Substitution and Elimination Reactions
- Acids, Bases, and Functional Group Exchange Reactions: Acyl Addition and Acyl Substitution
- Functional Group Exchange Reactions: Protecting Groups
- Functional Group Exchange Reactions: Oxidations
- Functional Group Exchange Reactions: Reductions
- Synthetic Strategies
- Functional Group Exchange Reactions: Hydroboration
- Functional Group Exchange Reactions: Selectivity
- Carbon-Carbon Bond-Forming Reactions: Cyanide, Alkyne Anions, Grignard Reagents, and Organolithium Reagents
- Carbon-Carbon Bond-Forming Reactions: Stabilized Carbanions, Organocuprates, and Ylids
- Nucleophilic Species That Form Carbon-Carbon Bonds: Enolate Anions
- Pericyclic Reactions: The Diels-Alder Reaction
- Pericyclic Reactions: [m+n]-Cycloadditions, Sigmatropic Rearrangements, Electrocyclic, and Ene Reactions
- Carbon-Carbon Bond-Forming Reactions: Carbocation and Oxocarbenium Ion Intermediates
- Formation of Carbon-Carbon Bonds Via Radicals and Carbenes
- Metal-Mediated, Carbon-Carbon Bond-Forming Reactions
- Combinatorial and Process Chemistry
Free download Organic Synthesis (4th edition) authored by Michael B. Smith in pdf from following download links.
Follow these instructions to unlock the download links. Sometimes download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
You may also like to free download Organic Chemistry (10th Global Edition) authored by Leroy G. Wade and Jan William Simek in pdf.
Free download hundreds of well-known chemistry books in pdf from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.