Free download Organic Chemistry (10th Edition) written by Francis A. Carey and Robert M. Giuliano in pdf published in 2017.
From Linus Pauling’s 1954 Nobel Prize for research on the chemical bond, to Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin’s in 1964 for solving the structure of vitamin B12 and other biochemical substances, to Robert Lefkowitz and Brian Kobilka’s in 2012 for solving the structure of G protein-coupled receptors, chemists of all persuasions have shared a common interest in the structure of molecules. It is this common interest in structure that has guided the shaping of this edition. Its most significant change is the relocation of chirality, previously a Chapter 7 topic, to Chapter 4 where it now is closer to the other fundamental structural concepts such as molecular shape, constitution, and conformation. A broader background in structure, acquired earlier in this new presentation, is designed to provide students the conceptual tools they need to understand and apply the relationship between the structures of organic compounds and their properties.
The text is organized according to functional groups—structural units within a molecule that are most closely identified with characteristic properties. Reaction mechanisms are emphasized early and often in an effort to develop the student’s ability to see similarities in reactivity across the diverse range of functional groups encountered in organic chemistry. Mechanisms are developed from observations; thus, reactions are normally presented first, followed by their mechanism.
- Structure Determines Properties
- Alkanes and Cycloalkanes: Introduction to Hydrocarbons
- Alkanes and Cycloalkanes: Conformations and cis–trans Stereoisomers
- Alcohols and Alkyl Halides: Introduction to Reaction Mechanisms
- Nucleophilic Substitution
- Structure and Preparation of Alkenes: Elimination Reactions
- Addition Reactions of Alkenes
- Introduction to Free Radicals
- Conjugation in Alkadienes and Allylic Systems
- Arenes and Aromaticity
- Electrophilic and Nucleophilic Aromatic Substitution
- Organometallic Compounds
- Alcohols, Diols, and Thiols
- Ethers, Epoxides, and Sulfides
- Aldehydes and Ketones: Nucleophilic Addition to the Carbonyl Group
- Carboxylic Acids
- Carboxylic Acid Derivatives: Nucleophilic Acyl Substitution
- Enols and Enolates
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
- Nucleosides, Nucleotides, and Nucleic Acids
- Synthetic Polymers
Free download Organic Chemistry (10th Edition) written by Francis A. Carey and Robert M. Giuliano in pdf from following download links.
Follow these instructions to unlock the download links. Sometimes download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Don’t forget to drop a comment below after downloading this book.
You may also like to free download Organic Chemistry (9th edition) written by Francis A. Carey and Robert M. Giuliano in pdf.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.