Free download General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry (5th edition) by H. Stephen Stoker in .pdf published by Brooks/Cole in 2010.
According to the author; The positive responses of instructors and students who used the previous four editions of this text have been gratifying—and have lead to the new fifth edition that you hold in your hands. This new edition represents a renewed commitment to the goals I initially set out to meet when writing the first edition. These goals have not changed with the passage of time. My initial and still ongoing goals are to write a text in which
- The needs are simultaneously met for the many students in the fields of nursing, allied health, biological sciences, agricultural sciences, food sciences, and public health who are required to take such a course.
- The development of chemical topics always starts out at ground level. The students who will use this text often have little or no background in chemistry and hence approach the course with a good deal of trepidation. This “ground level” approach addresses this situation.
- The amount and level of mathematics is purposefully restricted. Clearly, some chemical principles cannot be divorced entirely from mathematics and, when this is the case, appropriate mathematical coverage is included.
- The early chapters focus on fundamental chemical principles and the later chapters, built on these principles, develop the concepts and applications central to the fields of organic chemistry and biochemistry.
Part I: General Chemistry
- Basic Concepts About Matter
- Measurements in Chemistry
- Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table
- Chemical Bonding: The Ionic Bond Model
- Chemical Bonding: The Covalent Bond Model
- Chemical Calculations: Formula Masses, Moles, and Chemical Equations
- Gases, Liquids and Solids
- Chemical Reactions
- Acids, Bases, and Salts
- Nuclear Chemistry
Part II: Organic Chemistry
- Saturated Hydrocarbons
- Unsaturated Hydrocarbons
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes and Ketones
- Carboxylic Acids, Esters, and Other Acid Derivatives
- Amines and Amides
Part III: Biological Chemistry
- Enzymes and Vitamins
- Nucleic Acids
- Biochemical Energy Production
- Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Lipid Metabolism
- Protein Metabolism
Free download General, Organic, and Biological Chemistry (5th edition) by H. Stephen Stoker in .pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow the instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometimes download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
File Size: 127.9 MB. Pages: 987. Kindly read the disclaimer.
Don’t forget to drop a comment below after downloading this book. ?
You may also like to download General Chemistry: Principles and Modern Applications 10e by Petrucci, Herring, Madura and Bissonnette in pdf.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/or not working, kindly drop a comment below so we could update the download link for you.
Happy downloading 🙂