Free download CHEMISTRY: Human Activity, Chemical Reactivity (2nd edition) written by Peter G. Mahaffy, Bob Bucat and Roy Tasker, John C. Kotz, Paul M. Treichel, Gabriela C. Weaver and John McMurry in pdf.
The authors have designed and created Chemistry: Human Activity, Chemical Reactivity (CHACR) in ways consistent with their commitment to what should constitute a valuable learning experience in chemistry. A student who studies chemistry with CHACR will develop a sense of what modern chemistry is, why chemistry is important, what chemists do, how chemists have come to their current understandings, and what techniques chemists use to arrive at their shared understandings. The student will also appreciate the growth of chemical knowledge through interaction of observations, accepted “facts,” and modelling. These emphases, reflected in the title, are equally important for chemistry majors and for those who learn chemistry as a preparation for studies in other disciplines.
The CHACR student will arrive at this appreciation of chemistry as a human endeavor within the context of a body of knowledge that is clearly and rigorously presented, at an appropriate level for first-year university students. He or she will have benefitted from the authors’ knowledge of students’ learning of chemistry, derived from experience and participation in chemistry education research.
Part 1: Chemistry: A Human Activity
- Human Activity, Chemical Reactivity
Part 2: An Overview of Materials and Reactions
- Building Blocks of Materials
- Models of Structure to Explain Properties
- Carbon Compounds
- Chemical Reaction, Chemical Equations
- Chemistry of Water, Chemistry in Water
- Chemical Reactions and Energy Flows
Part 3: Relating the Structure and Behaviour of Substances
- Modelling Atoms and Their Electrons
- Molecular Structures, Shapes, and Stereochemistry—Our Evidence
- Modelling Bonding in Molecules
- States of Matter
- Solutions and Their Behaviour
Part 4: Competing Influences on Chemical Reactions
- Dynamic Chemical Equilibrium
- Acid-Base Equilibria in Aqueous Solution
- Solubility, Precipitation, and Complexation
- Electron Transfer Reactions and Electrochemistry
- Spontaneous Change: How Far?
- Spontaneous Change: How Fast?
Part 5: Carbon Compounds: Patterns of Structure and Reactivity
- Understanding Structure, Understanding Reactivity: Alkenes, Alkynes, and Aromatics
- Understanding Structure, Understanding Reactivity: Alcohols, Amines, and Alkyl Halides
- Understanding Structure, Understanding Reactivity: Aldehydes and Ketones, Carboxylic Acid Derivatives
Part 6: Compounds of the Elements: Patterns of Structure and Reactivity
- Main Group Elements and Their Compounds
- Transition Elements and Their Compounds
Part 7: Chemistry of Materials, Life, and the Nucleus
- The Chemistry of Modern Materials
- Nuclear Chemistry
Free download CHEMISTRY: Human Activity, Chemical Reactivity (2nd edition) written by Peter G. Mahaffy, Bob Bucat and Roy Tasker, John C. Kotz, Paul M. Treichel, Gabriela C. Weaver and John McMurry in pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow the instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
You may also like to free download Chemistry and Chemical Reactivity (10th edition) written by John C Kotz, Paul M. Treichel, John Townsend and David Treichel in pdf.
Download hundreds of Chemistry Books in pdf from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.