Free download Chemistry and Chemical Reactivity (8th edition) written by John C. Kotz, Paul M. Treichel and John R. Townsend in pdf. published by Brooks/Cole 2012.
According to authors; The authors of this book have many years of experience teaching general chemistry and other areas of chemistry at the college level. Although we have been at different institutions, both large and small, during our careers, we share several goals. One is to provide a broad overview of the principles of chemistry, the reactivity of the chemical elements and their compounds, and the applications of chemistry.
To reach that goal with our students, we have tried to show the close relation between the observations chemists make of chemical and physical changes in the laboratory and in nature and the way these changes are viewed at the atomic and molecular level.
Another of our goals has been to convey a sense that chemistry not only has a lively history but is also dynamic, with important new developments occurring every year. Furthermore, we want to provide some insight into the chemical aspects of the world around us. Indeed, a major objective of this book is to provide the tools needed for you to function as a chemically literate citizen. Learning about the chemical world is just as important as understanding some basic mathematics and biology and as important as having an appreciation for history, music, and literature. For example, you should know what materials are important to our economy, some of the reactions in plants and animals and in our environment, and the role that chemists play in protecting the environment. In this regard, one growing area of chemistry, highlighted throughout this edition, is “green” or sustainable chemistry.
Part One: The Basic Tools of Chemistry
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Atoms, Molecules, and Ions
- Chemical Reactions
- Stoichiometry: Quantitative Information about Chemical Reactions
- Principles of Chemical Reactivity: Energy and Chemical Reactions
Part Two: The Structure of Atoms and Molecules
- The Structure of Atoms
- The Structure of Atoms and Periodic Trends
- Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Bonding and Molecular Structure: Orbital Hybridization and Molecular Orbitals
- Carbon: Not Just Another Element
Part Three: States of Matter
- Gases and Their Properties
- Intermolecular Forces and Liquids
- The Chemistry of Solids
- Solutions and Their Behavior
Part Four: The Control of Chemical Reactions
- Chemical Kinetics: The Rates of Chemical Reactions
- Principles of Chemical Reactivity: Equilibria
- Principles of Chemical Reactivity: The Chemistry of Acids and Bases
- Principles of Chemical Reactivity: Other Aspects of Aqueous Equilibria
- Principles of Chemical Reactivity: Entropy and Free Energy
- Principles of Chemical Reactivity: Electron Transfer Reactions
Part Five: The Chemistry of the Elements and Their Compounds
- The Chemistry of the Main Group Elements
- The Chemistry of the Transition Elements
- Nuclear Chemistry
Free download Chemistry and Chemical Reactivity (8th edition) by John C. Kotz, Paul M. Treichel and John R. Townsend in pdf. from following download link(s).
Kindly follow the instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
File Size: 103.24 MBs. Pages: 1298. Kindly read the disclaimer.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/or not working, kindly drop a comment below so we could update the download link for you.
Happy downloading 🙂