Free download Chemical Analysis of Firearms, Ammunition, and Gunshot Residue (2nd edition) authored by James Smyth Wallace in pdf.
There are numerous detailed books on firearms available for enthusiasts, the vast majority of the books concentrating on the physical aspects of firearms. Very little has been published on the chemical aspects of firearms and ammunition, and what has been published is sparse and fragmented in the literature. One of the reasons for this is that manufacturers are reluctant to release in-depth details about their products for obvious commercial reasons.
The first part of the book is an attempt to amalgamate such chemical information as is available in the literature into one publication and also to summarize the history of firearms and ammunition that is of particular relevance to the development of modern firearms and ammunition (Chapters 2 through 15).
The remainder of the book details chemical aspects of forensic firearms casework, with particular emphasis on the detection of gunshot residues (GSR)/firearm discharge residues (FDR)/cartridge discharge residues (CDR) on a suspect’s skin and clothing surfaces. The development of an analytical method to routinely examine samples from terrorist suspects for both firearms and explosives residues is described.
Sources include gun books, textbooks, gun magazines, scientific papers, technical reports, manufacturer’s literature, newspaper articles, private communications, personal observations, and research conducted by author.
Section I: Introduction
Section II: Historical Aspects of Firearms and Ammunition
- History of Gunpowder
- History of Ignition Systems
- History of Bullets
- History of Ammunition
- History of Firearms
Section III: Chemical Aspects of Firearms and Ammunition
- Cartridge Cases
- Primer Cups (Caps)
- Priming Compositions
- Complementary Ammunition Components
- Caseless Ammunition
- Blank Ammunition
- Firearm Construction Materials
Section IV: Firearm Discharge Residue
- Firearm Discharge Residue Detection Techniques
- Properties of Firearm Discharge Residue
Section V: Experimental
- Scenes of Crime Experiences
- Objectives, Sampling Procedures, Instrumentation, and Conditions
- Particle Classification Scheme
- Casework Related Tests
- Analysis of Ammunition
- Ammunition Containing Mercury
- Lead Free Ammunition
Section VI: Suspect Processing Procedures
- Firearm Discharge Residue Sampling
- Sampling of Skin and Clothing Surfaces for Firearm Discharge Residue
- Development of a Method for Organic Firearm Discharge Residue Detection
- Consequences of Incorrect GSR Evidence
Free download Chemical Analysis of Firearms, Ammunition, and Gunshot Residue (2nd edition) authored by James Smyth Wallace in pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow these instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Password for Download Links: chemistry.com.pk
You may also like to free download:
- The Chemistry of Explosives (2nd Ed.) By Jacqueline Akhavan
- Organic Chemistry of Explosives By Dr. Jai Prakash Agrawal and Dr. Robert Dale Hodgson
- Forensic Chemistry (3rd Ed.) By Suzanne Bell
Free download hundreds of Best-Selling Chemistry Books in pdf from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.