Free download Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (6th edition) authored by Despo Papachristodoulou, Alison Snape, William H. Elliott, and Daphne C. Elliott in pdf.
The book is organized into six main parts:
- Basic concepts of life
- Structure and function of proteins and membranes
- Metabolism and nutrition
- Information storage and utilization
- Cells and tissues
- Protective mechanisms against disease
The chapters are arranged to give a seamless progression through the subject but we recognize that the order in which topics are taught varies with the teacher. There is, therefore, extensive cross-referencing between chapters in order to help students with their learning.
What is new in this edition?
- The figure design has been substantially updated, with new figures added to a number of chapters.
- Following student feedback, end of chapter summaries have been revised and are presented as bullet pointed lists.
- Selected end of chapter recommendations for further reading have been added to the print version of the book, with expanded reading lists available on the companion website.
- End of chapter problems have been reviewed and reorganized, with questions categorized into those that review basic concepts, more challenging questions, and questions that encourage critical thinking. New multiple choice questions have been added on the companion website.
- Boxes have been redesigned to help them stand out from the main text, and each box on a topic of medical interest includes a ‘Find out more’ recommendation for
- All the chapters have been reviewed to update them. The extent of the update varies in the different chapters from extensive rewriting and major additions to
Part 1: Basic concepts of life
- The basic molecular themes of life
- Cells and viruses
- Energy considerations in biochemistry
- The structure of proteins
- Methods in protein investigation
- The cell membrane and membrane proteins
- Muscle contraction, the cytoskeleton, and molecular motors
Part 3: Metabolism and nutrition
- General principles of nutrition
- Food digestion, absorption, and distribution to the tissues
- The storage fuels: mechanisms of transport, storage, and mobilization of carbohydrate and fat
- Principles of energy release from food
- Glycolysis, the TCA cycle, and the electron transport system
- Energy release from fat
- An alternative pathway of glucose oxidation: the pentose phosphate pathway
- Synthesis of glucose (gluconeogenesis)
- Synthesis of fat and related compounds
- Nitrogen metabolism: amino acid metabolism
- Nitrogen metabolism: nucleotide metabolism
- Mechanisms of metabolic control and their applications to metabolic integration
- Raising electrons of water back up the energy scale: photosynthesis
Part 4: Information storage and utilization
- The genome
- DNA synthesis, repair, and recombination
- Gene transcription
- Protein synthesis and controlled protein breakdown
- Control of gene expression
- Protein sorting and delivery
- Manipulating DNA and genes
Part 5: Cells and tissues
- Cell signaling
- The cell cycle, cell division, cell death, and cancer
Part 6: Protective mechanisms against disease
- Blood clotting, xenobiotic metabolism, and reactive oxygen species
- The immune system
Free download Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (6th edition) authored by Despo Papachristodoulou, Alison Snape, William H. Elliott, and Daphne C. Elliott in pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow these instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Password for Download Links: chemistry.com.pk
You can also buy Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (6th edition) authored by Despo Papachristodoulou, Alison Snape, William H. Elliott, and Daphne C. Elliott from Amazon by Clicking the image below.
You may also like to free download:
- Handbook of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (5th edition) edited by Roger L. Lundblad and Fiona M. Macdonald
- The Cell A Molecular Approach (8th edition) written by Geoffrey M. Cooper
- Essential Cell Biology (5th edition) authored by Bruce Alberts, Karen Hopkin, Alexander Johnson, David Morgan, Martin Raff, Keith Roberts, and Peter Walter
Free Download Hundreds of Best-Selling Chemistry Books from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.