Free download Principles of Modern Chemistry (8th edition) authored by David W. Oxtoby, H. P. Gillis and Laurie J. Butler in pdf.
The eighth edition of Principles of Modern Chemistry is written for students in honors and upper-mainstream general chemistry courses who seek to understand and interpret chemical events at the molecular level. The relation of molecular structure to function and properties requires the introduction of molecular structure early in the course and the use of structural arguments in presenting the remaining topics.
Moreover, students will soon be introduced to the predictive power of chemical computations and simulations, for which a solid background in the description of molecular structure is essential.
The organization of the eighth edition is fundamentally the same as that of the seventh edition, and presents the material from a unified, molecular point of view that continues to emphasize the central role of structure, but with greater focus on the electronic structure of molecules as a unifying theme.
This edition also deepens and broadens the introduction of chemical principles in several chapters. Recognizing that in the top colleges and universities that use this text, over 90% of students taking introductory chemistry have taken a single-variable calculus course in high school, or are taking calculus as a co-requisite for the course, we have improved several portions of the text.
Unit I: Introduction to the Study of Modern Chemistry
- The Atom in Modern Chemistry
- Chemical Formulas, Equations, and Reaction Yields
- Atomic Shells and Classical Models of Chemical Bonding
- Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics and Atomic Structure
- Quantum Mechanics and Molecular Structure
- Bonding in Organic Molecules
- Bonding in Transition Metal Compounds and Coordination Complexes
Unit III: Kinetic Molecular Description of the States of Matter
- The Gaseous State
- Solids, Liquids, and Phase Transitions
Unit IV: Equilibrium in Chemical Reactions
- Thermodynamic Processes and Thermochemistry
- Spontaneous Processes and Thermodynamic Equilibrium
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Acid–Base Equilibria
- Solubility and Precipitation Equilibria
Unit V: Rates of Chemical and Physical Processes
- Chemical Kinetics
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Molecular Spectroscopy and Photochemistry
Unit VI: Materials
- Structure and Bonding in Solids
- Inorganic Materials
- Polymeric Materials and Soft Condensed Matter
Free download Principles of Modern Chemistry (8th edition) authored by David W. Oxtoby, H. P. Gillis and Laurie J. Butler in pdf from following download links.
Follow these instructions to unlock the download links. Sometimes download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Password for Download Links: chemistry.com.pk
You may also like to free download:
- Chemistry and Chemical Reactivity (9th edition) authored by John C. Kotz, Paul M. Treichel, John R. Townsend and David A. Treichel in pdf
- Chemical Principles (8th Edition) By Steven S. Zumdahl and Donald J. DeCoste
- Chemical Principles: The Quest for Insight (7th Edition) By Peter Atkins, Loretta Jones and Leroy Laverman
Free download hundreds of best-selling chemistry books from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.