Free download Principles of Modern Chemistry (7th edition) written by David W. Oxtoby, H.P. Gillis and Alan Campion in pdf.
The seventh edition of Principles of Modern Chemistry is written for students in honors and upper-mainstream general chemistry courses who seek to understand and interpret chemical events at the molecular level. The relation of molecular structure to function and properties requires the introduction of molecular structure early in the course and the use of structural arguments in presenting the remaining topics. Moreover, these students will soon be introduced to the great predictive power of chemical computations and simulations, for which a solid background in the description of molecular structure is essential.
The seventh edition presents the material from a unified, molecular point of view that continues to emphasize the central role of structure, but now with greater focus on the electronic structure of molecules as a unifying theme. Chapters 17 and 20, for example, have been completely rewritten to provide additional insight into the nature of electrochemical, spectroscopic, and photochemical processes by discussing the role of electronic excitations, energy transfer, and charge transfer in these processes using the qualitative quantum mechanical concepts (energy levels and their occupancy) developed earlier in the book.
Unit I: Introduction to the Study of Modern Chemistry
- The Atom in Modern Chemistry
- Chemical Formulas, Equations, and Reaction Yields
Unit II: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Bonding: The Classical Description
- Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics and Atomic Structure
- Quantum Mechanics and Molecular Structure
- Bonding in Organic Molecules
- Bonding in Transition Metal Compounds and Coordination Complexes
Unit III: Kinetic Molecular Description of the States of Matter
- The Gaseous State
- Solids, Liquids, and Phase Transitions
Unit IV: Equilibrium in Chemical Reactions
- Thermodynamic Processes and Thermochemistry
- Spontaneous Processes and Thermodynamic Equilibrium
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Acid–Base Equilibria
- Solubility and Precipitation Equilibria
Unit V: Rates of Chemical and Physical Processes
- Chemical Kinetics
- Nuclear Chemistry
- Molecular Spectroscopy and Photochemistry
Unit VI: Materials
- Structure and Bonding in Solids
- Inorganic Materials
- Polymeric Materials and Soft Condensed Matter
Free download Principles of Modern Chemistry (7th edition) written by David W. Oxtoby, H.P. Gillis and Alan Campion in pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow the instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
You may also like to free download Chemistry (10th edition) written by Kenneth W. Whitten, Raymond E. Davis, Larry Peck and George G. Stanley in pdf.
Free download hundreds of Chemistry Books in pdf from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.