Free download Medical Biochemistry (5th edition) authored by John W. Baynes and Marek H. Dominiczak in pdf.
According to the authors, “Medical Biochemistry has now served the global medical student community for 19 years. In the 5th edition our aim remains, as before, to provide a biochemical foundation for the study of clinical medicine—with down-to-earth practical relevance.
Each edition has provided a snapshot of a constantly changing field. Perhaps the most exciting sign of progress is the ever-increasing relevance of basic science to the practice of medicine, expressed in new drugs targeting biochemical regulatory and metabolic pathways and in new concepts that both change and supplement our approaches to everyday clinical challenges.
Apart from describing the core of basic science, we continue to emphasize the contribution of biochemistry to the understanding of major global health problems such as diabetes mellitus, obesity, malnutrition, and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. As before, we remain convinced that the biochemistry of water, electrolyte, and acid–base balance is as important for future clinicians as are the key metabolic pathways and thus deserves more emphasis in the biochemistry curriculum.
In addition to substantial updates, we have changed the structure of the book, aiming to provide a clearer perspective on the entire field. The details of this reorganization are summarized in Chapter 1.
We have also updated literature and web references throughout the textbook. To facilitate familiarity with new terminologies and acronyms currently abundant in the scientific slang, in this edition we have provided an easily accessible list of abbreviations in each chapter. We have also expanded the index to provide more comprehensive access to topics discussed in the text.”
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Molecules and Cells
- Amino Acids and Proteins
- Carbohydrates and Lipids
- Membranes and Transport
Section 3: Metabolism
- Hemoglobin and oxygen transport
- Catalytic Proteins – Enzymes
- Vitamins and Minerals
- Bioenergetics and Oxidative Metabolism
- Anaerobic metabolism of glucose carbohydrates in the red blood cell
- The Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle
- Oxidative Metabolism of Lipids in Liver and Muscle
- Biosynthesis and Storage of Carbohydrates in Liver and Muscle
- Biosynthesis and Storage of Fatty Acids
- Biosynthesis of Cholesterol and Steroids
- Biosynthesis and Degradation of Amino Acids
- Biosynthesis and Degradation of Nucleotides
- Complex Carbohydrates: Glycoproteins
- Complex Lipids
- The Extracellular Matrix
Section 4: Molecular basis of inheritance
- Deoxyribonucleic Acid
- Ribonucleic Acid
- Protein Synthesis and Turnover
- Regulation of Gene Expression: Basic Mechanisms
- Genomics, Proteomics and Metabolomics
Section 5: Signalling and Growth
- Membrane Receptors and Signal Transduction
- Biochemical Endocrinology
- Cellular Homeostasis: Cell Growth and Cancer
Section 6: Fuels Nutrients and Minerals
- Digestion and Absorption of Nutrients: The Gastrointestinal Tract
- Glucose Homeostasis and Fuel Metabolism: Diabetes Mellitus
- “Nutrients and diets”
- Lipoprotein Metabolism and Atherogenesis
Section 7: Specialized Tissues and Their Function
- The Role of Liver in Metabolism
- Water and Electrolytes Homeostasis
- Lung and the Regulation of Hydrogen Ion Concentration (Acid-Base Balance)
- Muscle: Energy Metabolism and Contraction Exercise
- Bone Metabolism and Calcium Homeostasis
Section 8: Blood and Immunity. Clinical Biochemistry
- Blood and Plasma Proteins
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis
- Oxidative stress and inflammation
- The Immune Response: Innate and adaptive immunity
Free download Medical Biochemistry (5th edition) authored by John W. Baynes and Marek H. Dominiczak in pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow these instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Password for Download Links: chemistry.com.pk
You can also buy Medical Biochemistry (5th edition) authored by John W. Baynes and Marek H. Dominiczak from Amazon by clicking the image below.
You may also like to free download:
- Principles of Biochemistry (5th edition) authored by Laurence A. Moran, H. Robert Horton, K. Gray Scrimgeour, and Marc D. Perry
- Medical Biochemistry (2nd edition) written by Antonio Blanco and Gustavo Blanco
- Essential Biochemistry (5th edition) written by Charlotte W. Pratt and Kathleen Cornely
Free Download Hundreds of Best-Selling Chemistry Books from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.