Free download Essentials of Physical Chemistry written by Don Shillady in pdf.
According to the writer, “This text is really two books in one, perhaps three. The first 9 chapters are intended to meet the new American Chemical Society requirement of one semester of physical chemistry. By good fortune, I have taught such a course five times at Virginia Commonwealth University with special emphasis on ways to make important material understandable to students who may only have had one semester of calculus.
This sequence has also been taught once as an experiment at Randolph Macon College using McQuarrie’s Quantum Chemistry, Second Edition, with a smaller class as a second semester elective. Key topics are included in thermodynamics and kinetics with mathematics that has been tuned to a level that just slightly stretches the student’s math ability.
These students are used to memorizing vast amounts of material in biology and organic chemistry so we ‘‘prime the pump’’ of their intellect by encouraging memorization of key topics such as the critical point of a van der Waals gas, the Michaelis–Menten equation, and the entropy of mixing. Along the way, we introduce problems related to forensic chemistry as well as a mixture of practical units likely to be encountered in health sciences.
Sample tests are included in the text so students can see what is expected of them. The tests are intended to measure knowledge of the formulas and how to use them, as well as to display successful memorization=learning of key concepts.”
- Ideal and Real Gas Behavior
- Viscosity of Laminar Flow
- The Kinetic Molecular Theory of Gases
- The First Law of Thermodynamics
- The Second and Third Laws of Thermodynamics
- Gibbs’ Free Energy and Equilibria
- Basic Chemical Kinetics
- More Kinetics and Some Mechanisms
- Basic Spectroscopy
- Early Experiments in Quantum Physics
- The Schrödinger Wave Equation
- The Quantized Harmonic Oscillator: Vibrational Spectroscopy
- The Quantized Rigid Rotor and the Vib-Rotor
- The Schrödinger Hydrogen Atom
- Quantum Thermodynamics
- Approximate Methods and Linear Algebra
- Electronic Structure of Molecules
- Point Group Theory and Electrospray Mass Spectrometry
- Essentials of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
Free download Essentials of Physical Chemistry written by Don Shillady in pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow these instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Password for Download Links: chemistry.com.pk
You can also buy Essentials of Physical Chemistry written by Don Shillady from Amazon by clicking the image below.
You may also like to free download:
- Physical Chemistry (3rd edition) written by Robert G. Mortimer
- Fundamentals of Thermodynamics (10th edition) authored by Claus Borgnakke and Richard E. Sonntag
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics (9th global edition) authored by J. M. Smith, H. C. Van Ness, M. M. Abbott and M. T. Swihart
Free Download Hundreds of Best-Selling Chemistry Books from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.