Free download Biological Inorganic Chemistry: A New Introduction to Molecular Structure and Function (3rd edition) written by Robert Crichton in pdf.
Biological Inorganic Chemistry: A New Introduction to Molecular Structure and Function (3rd Edition) by Robert Crichton is an outstanding addition to the field, offering an in-depth exploration of the intricate interplay between inorganic elements and biological systems. Crichton’s expertise shines through as he takes readers on a captivating journey through the molecular intricacies that underpin life itself.
One of the strengths of this book is its clarity in presenting complex concepts. Crichton has a remarkable ability to distill intricate subjects into digestible pieces, making this book accessible to a wide audience, from advanced undergraduates to seasoned researchers. The logical progression of the content ensures that readers build a solid foundation before delving into more advanced topics.
The third edition maintains a perfect balance between theoretical principles and practical applications, offering readers a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter. Crichton seamlessly weaves together discussions on the structure and function of metalloproteins, metalloenzymes, and other vital biological molecules. The integration of real-world examples and case studies adds a practical dimension, illustrating the relevance of the concepts discussed.
Biological Inorganic Chemistry: A New Introduction to Molecular Structure and Function, Third Edition, provides a comprehensive discussion of the biochemical aspects of metals in living systems. The fascinating world of the role of metals in biology, medicine and the environment has progressed significantly since the very successful Second Edition of the book published in 2012.
Beginning with an overview of metals and selected nonmetals in biology, the book supports the interdisciplinary nature of this vibrant area of research by providing an introduction to basic coordination chemistry for biologists and structural and molecular biology for chemists.
Part 1: Basic Principles
- An overview of the role of metals in biology
- Basic coordination chemistry for biologists
- Structural and molecular biology for chemists
- Biological ligands for metal ions
- An overview of intermediary metabolism and bioenergetics
- Methods which can be used to study metals in biology
- Metal assimilation pathways
- Transport, storage and homeostasis of metal ions
Part 2: Metals in Biology
- Sodium and potassium – Channels and Pumps
- Magnesium – phosphate metabolism and photoreception
- Calcium – cellular signalling
- Zinc – Lewis acid and gene regulator
- Iron – essential for almost all life
- Copper – Coping with Dioxygen
- Nickel and Cobalt – evolutionary relics
- Manganese –oxygen generation and detoxification
- Molybdenum, Tungsten, Vanadium and Chromium
- Non-metals in biology
Part 3: Metals in Medicine and the Environment
- Metals in brain function
- Metal-based Neurodegeneration
- Metals in medicine and metals as drugs
- Metals in the environment
Free download Biological Inorganic Chemistry: A New Introduction to Molecular Structure and Function (3rd edition) written by Robert Crichton in pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow these instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Password for Download Links: chemistry.com.pk
You can also buy Biological Inorganic Chemistry: A New Introduction to Molecular Structure and Function (3rd edition) written by Robert Crichton from Amazon by clicking the image below.
You may also like to free download:
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (6th edition) authored by Despo Papachristodoulou, Alison Snape, William H. Elliott, and Daphne C. Elliott
- Descriptive Inorganic, Coordination, and Solid-State Chemistry (3rd edition) written by Glen E. Rodgers
- Chemistry for Today General, Organic, and Biochemistry (10th edition) authored by Spencer L. Seager, Michael R. Slabaugh and Maren S. Hansen
Free Download Hundreds of Best-Selling Chemistry Books from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.