Free download Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: How Life Works (Course Guidebook) authored by Kevin Ahern in pdf.
According to the author, “Biochemistry is a fascinating subject that explains how all life on Earth functions. Unfortunately, the details of biochemistry often cause students to get lost, and consequently, they don’t get to see the big picture. Without connections to real life, the details simply become things to memorize for tests—and are soon forgotten.
These lectures were designed to help everyone learn and enjoy biochemistry using explanations of real-world biochemistry problems as tools to understand the subject while still introducing college-level biochemistry and not dumbing it down.
And without any need for memorization, you won’t spend your time memorizing facts, giving much more time to listen to explanations and think through the concepts. Biochemistry combines biology—the science of life—and chemistry, the science of molecules.
Biochemistry, then, is the molecular basis of life. Every single thing that makes people alive is due to biological molecules and their interactions. The first 24 lectures of this course focus on biological molecules and metabolism, the thousands of different biochemical reactions that are occurring in human cells. You’ll start by learning some basics about water, the most abundant molecule in the body, in lecture 2.
You’ll then move on to amino acids, proteins, and enzymes in lectures 3 through 8. Along the way, you’ll discover how the flexibility of proteins enables everything from speeding up reactions to meeting the body’s needs for oxygen.”
- Biochemistry Is the Science of Us
- Why Water Is Essential for Life
- Amino Acids: 20 Building Blocks of Life
- From Peptide Bonds to Protein Structure
- Protein Folding, Misfolding, and Disorder
- Hemoglobin Function Follows Structure
- Enzymes’ Amazing Speed and Specificity
- Enzyme Regulation in Cells
- Fatty Acids, Fats, and Other Lipids
- Sugars: Glucose and the Carbohydrates
- ATP and Energy Transformations in Cells
- Breaking Down Sugars and Fatty Acids
- Metabolism Meets at the Citric Acid Cycle
- Energy Harvesting in Animals and Plants
- How Animals Make Carbs and Fats
- Cholesterol, Membranes, Lipoproteins
- Metabolic Control during Exercise and Rest
- How Plants Make Carbs and Other Metabolites
- Recycling Nitrogen: Amino Acids, Nucleotides
- Eating, Antioxidants, and the Microbiome
- Hormones, Stress, and Cell Division
- Neurotransmitters, the Brain, and Addiction
- The Biochemistry of Our Senses
- From Biochemistry to Molecular Biology
- DNA and RNA: Information in Structure
- DNA Replication in Bacteria; PCR in the Lab
- Chromosome Replication, Telomeres, Aging
- DNA Mismatch and Excision Repair
- DNA Recombination, Gene Editing, CRISPR
- Transcribing DNA to RNA
- Translating RNA into Proteins
- Protein-Synthesis Controls and Epigenetics
- Human Genetic Disease and Gene Therapy
- Cancer Mechanisms and Treatments
- Biotechnology, Stem Cells, Synthetic Biology
- Omics: Genomics, Proteomics, Transcriptomics
Free download Biochemistry and Molecular Biology: How Life Works (Course Guidebook) authored by Kevin Ahern in pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow these instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Password for Download Links: chemistry.com.pk
You may also like to free download:
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (6th edition) authored by Despo Papachristodoulou, Alison Snape, William H. Elliott, and Daphne C. Elliott
- Handbook of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (5th edition) edited by Roger L. Lundblad and Fiona M. Macdonald
- The Molecules of Life: Physical and Chemical Principles by John Kuriyan, Boyana Konforti and David Wemmer
Free Download Hundreds of Best-Selling Chemistry Books from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.