Free download Organic Chemistry with Biological Applications (2nd edition) written by John McMurry in .pdf, published by Brooks/Cole, Cengage Learning in 2011.
According to the author; I’ve taught organic chemistry many times for many years, and it has often struck me what a disconnect there is between the interests and expectations of me—the teacher—and the interests and expectations of those being taught—my students. I love the logic and beauty of organic chemistry, and I want to pass that feeling on to others. My students, however, seem to worry primarily about getting into medical school. That may be an exaggeration, but there is also a lot of truth in it. All of us who teach organic chemistry know that the large majority of our students—90% or more, including many chemistry majors—are interested primarily in medicine, biology, and other life sciences rather than in pure chemistry.
But if we are primarily teaching future physicians, biologists, biochemists, and others in the life sciences (not to mention the occasional lawyer and businessperson), why do we continue to teach the way we do? Why do we spend so much time discussing details of topics that interest research chemists but have no connection to biology? Wouldn’t the limited amount of time we have be better spent paying more attention to the organic chemistry of living organisms and less to the organic chemistry of the research laboratory? I believe so, and I have written this book, Organic Chemistry with Biological
Applications, to encourage others who might also be thinking that the time has come to try doing things a bit differently.
This is, first and foremost, a textbook on organic chemistry, and you will find that almost all of the standard topics are here. Nevertheless, my guiding principle in writing this text has been to emphasize organic reactions and topics that are relevant to biological chemistry.
- Structure and Bonding
- Polar Covalent Bonds; Acids and Bases
- Organic Compounds: Alkanes and Their Stereochemistry
- Organic Compounds: Cycloalkanes and Their Stereochemistry
- Stereochemistry at Tetrahedral Centers
- An Overview of Organic Reactions
- Alkenes and Alkynes
- Reactions of Alkenes and Alkynes
- Aromatic Compounds
- Structure Determination: Mass Spectrometry, Infrared Spectroscopy, and Ultraviolet Spectroscopy
- Structure Determination: Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Organohalides: Nucleophilic Substitutions and Eliminations
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Thiols; Ethers and Sulfides Preview of Carbonyl Chemistry
- Aldehydes and Ketones: Nucleophilic Addition Reactions
- Carboxylic Acids and Nitriles
- Carboxylic Acid Derivatives: Nucleophilic Acyl Substitution Reactions
- Carbonyl Alpha-Substitution and Condensation Reactions
- Amines and Heterocycles
- Biomolecules: Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins
- Amino Acid Metabolism
- Biomolecules: Carbohydrates
- Carbohydrate Metabolism
- Biomolecules: Lipids and Their Metabolism
- Biomolecules: Nucleic Acids and Their Metabolism
- Secondary Metabolites: An Introduction to Natural Products Chemistry
Free download Organic Chemistry with Biological Applications (2nd edition) written by John McMurry in .pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow the instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
File Size: 19.4 MB. Pages: 1158. Kindly read the disclaimer.
Don’t forget to drop a comment below after downloading this book. ?
You may also like to download Fundamentals Organic Chemistry (7th edition) written by John McMurry in pdf.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/or not working, kindly drop a comment below so we could update the download link for you.
Happy downloading 🙂