Department of Bioinformatics & Biotechnology and Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC), Government College University Faisalabad are jointly organizing a 5-day training course entitled “1st National Training Course on Molecular Methods in Biotechnology” during December 8-12, 2014 at Government College University Faisalabad, Pakistan.
- Isolation and purification of microorganisms of industrial, environmental, agricultural, clinical importance
- Identification of microorganisms based on sequencing of marker genes.
- DNA Isolation from plant, microbes, blood and algae
- Gel Electrophoresis for DNA Analysis
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- Molecular Cloning; Gene amplification, purification, Ligation into vectors
- Transformation of recombinant vectors to E. coli
- Screening of positive transformants
- Clone Confirmation
- Phylogenetic analyses and Phylogenetic tree construction based on DNA sequences
MS/PhD scholars from Microbiology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Botany, Medical Sciences, Bioinformatics, Environmental Sciences, Food Sciences, Agriculture or equivalent disciplines, may apply. Maximum anticipated participants: 25
- PKR 2000
- Registration Fee also covers workshop material (A bag, writing notebook, certificate, lunches during all workshop days, tea and coffee during discussion sessions)
- NO TA/DA will be provided to the participants
Registration Deadline: November 25, 2014 (Acceptance Notification; 1 December, 2014 – via e-mail)
For further information kindly Click Here.
Event Title: 1st National Training Course on Molecular Methods in Biotechnology
Event Date: December 8-12, 2014
Event Venue: Department of Bioinformatics & Biotechnology, Government College (GC) University, Allama Iqbal Road, Faisalabad, Pakistan
Dr. Muhammad Ibrahim
Cell: 0092-322 6037045
Dr. Muhammad Aamer Mehmood
Dr. Khadim Hussain