Organic Chemistry (Fourth Edition) written By Francis A. Carey (University of Virginia) and published by McGraw Hill in 2000.
From its first edition through this, its fourth, Organic Chemistry has been designed to meet the needs of the “mainstream,” two-semester, undergraduate organic chemistry course. It has evolved as those needs have changed, but its philosophy remains the same. The overarching theme is that organic chemistry is not only an interesting subject, but also a logical one. It is logical because its topics can be connected in a steady progression from simple to complex.
This text gives students a solid understanding of organic chemistry by stressing how fundamental reaction mechanisms function and how reactions occur. Through three editions, Organic Chemistry by Frank Carey, has distinguished itself as one of the most fundamentally sound and innovative two-semester organic chemistry texts on the market. Now through the use of state-of-the-art technology, the 4th edition of the text breaks new ground in presenting organic chemistry as a three-dimensional science. With over 300 new illustrations and seamless integration of reaction animations and molecular modeling exercises, the 4th edition of Carey clearly offers the most up-to-date approach to the study of organic chemistry.
Table of Contents
- Chemical Bonding
- Conformations of Alkanes and Cycloalkanes
- Alcohols and Alkyl Halides
- Structure and Preparation of Alkenes: Elimination Reactions
- Reactions of Alkenes: Addition Reactions
- Nucleophilic Substitution
- Conjugation in Alkadienes and Allylic Systems
- Arenes and Aromaticity
- Reactions of Arenes: Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution
- Organometallic Compounds
- Alcohols, Diols, and Thiols
- Ethers, Epoxides, and Sulfides
- Aldehydes and Ketones: Nucleophilic Addition to the Carbonyl Group
- Enols and Enolates
- Carboxylic Acids
- Carboxylic Acid Derivatives: Nucleophilic Acyl Substitution
- Ester Enolates
- Aryl Halides
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins. Nucleic Acids
Free download Organic Chemistry by Francis A. Carey (fourth Edition) from following external download link. We’ve tested this download link and found free from viruses.
Size: 23.2 MB, Pages: 1275. Kindly read Disclaimer.
After you click on Download Button, your download will start automatically. If it doesn’t start then follow these instructions: After opening of download link press ctrl + S to save this book OR click on file menu a drop down menu will open then click on Download to save this book.
P.S: If you found the download link of this book broken, kindly tell us in comments. Happy downloading 🙂