Free download An Introduction to Medicinal Chemistry (5th edition) written by Graham L. Patrick in pdf.
Th is text is aimed at undergraduates and postgraduates who have a basic grounding in chemistry and are studying a module or degree in medicinal chemistry. It attempts to convey, in a readable and interesting style, an understanding about drug design and the molecular mechanisms by which drugs act in the body. In so doing, it highlights the importance of medicinal chemistry in all our lives and the fascination of working in a field which overlaps the disciplines of chemistry, biochemistry, physiology, microbiology, cell biology, and pharmacology. Consequently, the book is of particular interest to students who might be considering a future career in the pharmaceutical industry.
Following the success of the first four editions, as well as useful feedback from readers, there has been some re-organization and updating of chapters, especially those
in Part E. Chapters have been modified, as appropriate, to reflect contemporary topics and teaching methods.
• new coverage of 99 drugs not featured in the previous edition;
• six new boxes, covering topics such ‘Cyclodextrins as drug scavengers’, ‘Th e structure-based drug design of crizotinib’, and ‘Designing a non-steroidal glucocorticoid agonist’;
• a new case study on steroidal anti-inflammatory agents;
• over 25 new sections, providing additional depth in subject areas including ‘Tethers and anchors’ and ‘Short-acting β-blockers’;
• additional end-of-chapter questions;
• current reference lists.
PART A Drug targets
- Protein structure and function
- Enzymes: structure and function
- Receptors: structure and function
- Receptors and signal transduction
- Nucleic acids: structure and function
PART B Pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics
- Enzymes as drug targets
- Receptors as drug targets
- Nucleic acids as drug targets
- Miscellaneous drug targets
- Pharmacokinetics and related topics
- Case study 1: Statins 178
PART C Drug discovery, design, and development
- Drug discovery: finding a lead
- Drug design: optimizing target interactions
- Drug design: optimizing access to the target
- Getting the drug to market
- Case study 2: The design of angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
- Case study 3: Artemisinin and related antimalarial drugs
- The design of oxamniquine
PART D Tools of the trade
- Combinatorial and parallel synthesis
- Computers in medicinal chemistry
- Quantitative structure–activity relationships (QSAR)
- Case study 5: Design of a thymidylate synthase inhibitor
PART E Selected topics in medicinal chemistry
- Antibacterial agents
- Antiviral agents
- Anticancer agents
- Cholinergics, anticholinergics, and anticholinesterases
- Drugs acting on the adrenergic nervous system
- The opioid analgesics
- Anti-ulcer agents
- Case study 6: Steroidal anti-inflammatory agents
- Case Study 7: Current research into antidepressant agents
Free download An Introduction to Medicinal Chemistry (5th edition) written by Graham L. Patrick in pdf from following download links.
Kindly follow these instructions to unlock the download link(s). Sometime download link(s) is/are not visible on mobile devices, so if you face this issue, kindly do visit this page via laptop/desktop computer.
Password for Download Links: chemistry.com.pk
You can also buy An Introduction to Medicinal Chemistry (5th edition) written by Graham L. Patrick from Amazon by Clicking the image below.
You may also like to free download
- Introduction to Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry (2nd edition) written by Stig Pedersen-Bjergaard, Bente Gammelgaard and Trine Grønhaug Halvorsen in pdf.
- Advanced Practical Medicinal Chemistry – Theory-Methodology-Purification-Usages By Ashutosh Kar
- Burger’s Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery (Sixth Edition) Volume 1: Drug Discovery By Donald J. Abraham
Free Download Hundreds of Best-Selling Chemistry Books from HERE.
P.S: If the download link(s) is/are not working, kindly drop a comment below, so we’ll update the download link for you.