A 3-day Online Workshop on Scientific Writing is going to be organized by Virtual Education Project Pakistan (VEPP) in the collaboration with Latif Ebrahim Jamal National Science Information Center (International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences) University of Karachi during January 5-7, 2014 at Latif Ebrahim Jamal National Science Information Center (International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences) University of Karachi, Karachi-Pakistan.
The workshop will consist of lectures by renowned expert Prof. Dr. Rafat Ali Siddiqui (Senior Investigator at the Methodist Research Institute, Indiana University Health and Professor of Cellular Biochemistry, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, USA), followed by extensive exercises, tutorials, and discussion sessions.
Objectives of this Workshop
- To build the knowledge about the art of scientific writing.
- To determine strengths and weaknesses of existing writing skills (during the workshop sessions).
- To learn the effective communication skills.
- To learn to write good manuscripts.
- To learn how to effectively respond to reviewers and editor comments for publication in good quality journals.
- To learn to write winning research proposals.
The workshop targets the full spectrum of scientific writing skills, required to prepare quality research publications, grants, thesis and presentations. Therefore all early career students, experienced investigators, postdoctoral fellows, and faculty members who wish to develop their writing skills, are invited to participate.
There is NO Registration Fee to attend this workshop.
Registration Deadline: December 20, 2014
Event Title: Workshop on Scientific Writing
Event Date: January 5-7, 2014
Event Venue: Latif Ebrahim Jamal National Science Information Center, H. E. J. Research Institute of Chemistry (International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences), University of Karachi, Karachi-75270, Pakistan