Cambridge International As and A Level Chemistry Revision Guide is edited by David Bevan and published by Hodder Education, UK in 2011. This book is intended to help you to prepare for your University of Cambridge International AS and A level chemistry examinations. It is a revision guide, which you can use alongside your usual textbook as you work through your course, and also towards the end when you are revising for your examination.
The CIE A Level Chemistry Revision Guide has four main sections:
- This Introduction contains an overview of the AS and A2 chemistry courses and how they are assessed, some advice on revision and advice on the question papers.
- The Content Guidance provides a summary of the facts and concepts that you need to know for the AS and A2 chemistry examinations.
- The Experimental Skills section explains the data-handling skills you will need to answer some of the questions in the written papers. It also explains the practical skills that you will need in order to do well in the practical examination.
- The Questions and Answers section contains practice examination papers for you to try. There is also a set of students’ answers for each question, with comments from an examiner.
Table of Contents
- About this guide
- The syllabus
- Scientific language
- The examination
- Atoms, molecules and stoichiometry
- Atomic structure
- Chemical bonding
- States of matter
- Chemical energetics
- Reaction kinetics
- Chemical periodicity
- Group chemistry
- The transition elements
- Nitrogen and sulfur
- Introduction to organic chemistry
- Halogen and hydroxy compounds
- Carbonyl compounds
- Carboxylic acid and their derivatives
- Nitrogen Compounds
- Applications of chemistry
Experimental Skills & Investigations
- Paper 3: AS practical paper
- Paper 5: A2 assessment
Questions & Answers
- About this section
- AS exemplar paper
- A2 exemplar paper
- ‘Try this yourself’ answers
Free download CIE As and A Level Chemistry Revision Guide in pdf from following download link.
File Size: 10.2 MB, Pages: 273. Kindly read Disclaimer.
After clicking on download button your download will be started automatically.